[tcb] Hankooks, etc...

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:10:36 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, so I verified the valve adjustment with my .006  "tuning blade" and it
was on the money.  I started the bus again and the ice crusher was back.  This
time I decided to wait and see if there were any changes after the motor warmed
up and sure enough the sound went away.

I will have some time today to try and hunt down where this sound is coming
from.  Additionally, I checked all of my exhaust connections to make sure they
were tight prior to starting the engine.  Also when the motor is cold the sound
diminishes with increased RPM and the sound is absent when the motor is warm.
Anyone had a similar experience?  1600 single port.

 Jeff

From: ATX <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 6:38 PM

Thanks,  last time I checked discount and ntb they can't balance the five wide
Ill check again.

I have a new motor mystery taking center stage.  I tuned the valves last night
and when I started the motor it sounded like an ice crusher.  :)

I was too tired to mess with it.  Hopefully I'll have a resolution over the
weekend.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tireProduct.go?tc=HANVA1&adp=66.00&utm_source=Froogle2008CSE&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_campaign=Froogle2008CSE&cvsfa=736&cvsfe=2&cvsfp=HANVA1