[tcb] Halloween Campout Trip Report!

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:09:03 -0500

The family and I left home at around 1 pm Friday, had an uneventful drive down,
Bodean, Derek and Rebecca and family had beat me there by about an hour.
Dustin, Mike, Ed, and Lisa rolled in over the course of the afternoon. Derek
and Rebecca cooked tons of burgers and brats for everybody.

We laughed, we cried, we drank and be’d merry. The kids worked long and hard
and made some of the coolest pumpkins ever. We saw a skunk. A big skunk.
Shirley rolled in after the Ft Worth show on Saturday, we made more pumpkins!.

There was a stray baby cow that Michael and Sonja ended up catching.

It was a blast. A nice lazy weekend, the weather was perfect, the kids all got
plenty of candy, my bus broke down 2 miles outside the park on the way home. As
it turns out, Derek is an expert tang extractor, we were on the road in about
20 minutes, luckily, I had a heli coil kit.

Oh, and don’t ring a bell around Mike!

Next up: Bodeans Annual Thanksgiving Extravaganza!