[tcb] Re: Good Morning!

  • From: "Peter Albarian" <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:38:27 +0000

Here I am driving south through Oklahoma on US-69 and enjoying the cool air
flowing over my bald head.  I stopped twice over night to rest; once for 30
minutes and the other for 45.  The sun is about to ring in the new day and I'm
generally pleased with the way things are going.........but not completely.
Two fill-ups ago, this original to the car 1200 engine seemed hotter than
before, and it had used 1/4 quart of oil.  The last fill-up it seemed even
hotter and had used 3/4 of a quart.  I decided it would be best to reduce my
max speed to 55mph and resort to plan B.  Kirk will be leaving my house in a
few minutes with my diesel and trailer, and if things with the Beetle remain
about the same, we'll probably connect around Waco about 9:30.  Right now we
have traveled 740 miles which is probably the amount Caren's new toy has
traveled total over the past 7ish years.  My feeling is that as the day heats
up, I'll be risking this engine and that's not worth my pride or McCarthy's
(she's already named her).
More later,
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel