[tcb] Re: Generator

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:55:44 -0500

You'll need approx. 3000 watts for a small 6,000 BTU air conditioner.

Generators under load are louder than if they are not under load. So consider the noise level of both running at the same time. An RV site is preferable to running a generator in my opinion plus you have to haul it around with you + air conditioner (which is large enough).

I have a rechargeable tent fan that is really nice. I'm thinking of modding a couple for the side sliding windows.

I'd like to go to the Eureka show this year. Will try to stay at the Kettle Kampground in an RV site so I can use an AC unit.

On Jul 6, 2009, at 10:48 AM, christian wohlfahrt wrote:

I am exploring the idea on getting a small generator to power a small AC unit on my bus for the sweltering summer nights. Any thought and experience is welcome.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone