[tcb] Re: Gator Country Cruise, October 18

  • From: jki7886155@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:37:25 -0400

 Dave:

Sorry, but you picked the TCB's Largest Best and One and Only get together of
the year, in Temple, this week end. I don't think you are going to get many or
any TCB'ers. But, I will try to bring up your event at the Houston VW Club
meeting, tonight. I would notify North Houston VW Club tomorrow evening but, I
have out of town company tomorrow and won't be able to attend their monthly
meeting.

Sincerely,

Jack Kirsch, Board Of Director, North Houston VW Club, Member Houston VW Club
and TCB

Houston/Beaumont TCB'ers,

?

We are extending an open invitation to VW'ers and their families for a cruise
to Gator Country in Beaumont. Lots of gators and other creatures to see and
their restaurant is pretty good too.

We have ~10 so far from the Southeast TX VW Club (Beaumont) and about the same
from the Bay Area Club in on this as well but it's open to all.

The plan is (for those from Houston) to meet up in La Porte and cruise out from
there.

Tenative itinerary:
8:15 am - Meet at Shipleys in La Porte (NE corner of 146 and Spencer)
8:30 am - Leave out for Beaumont via 146, 99, and I10. Sunday shouldn't be a
bad day for running I10. We can drop down to 65 in Anahuac if anyone has an
issue with becoming a windshield smear.
10 am - Gator Country opens.
12 am - Eat.
2 pm?? - Return to Houston.

Here are some links:
http://www.gatorcountrytx.net
http://bayareavwclub.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=756

Please email me or post up on the BAVWC forum if you want to go and how many in
your party. Call me at 281-536-2154, if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dave