[tcb] Re: Gas tank cleaning

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:39:48 -0500

Some good info here:

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FuelTankRestoration.html

On Oct 29, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Dan wrote:

One of the hurdles in getting my bus on the road is my gas tank. Since it hasn't been used in 10+ years I need to clean it out before using it so I can avoid changing my fuel filter every 100 miles for the next three years. I have heard of people having their gas tanks "boiled out" but have no idea what is involved in that process. I stopped by the local custom shop and they said they just flush them out with a garden hose. Seems to me there should be more to it than that. Can anyone offer any insight?

-Dan

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.