[tcb] Re: Galveston Mardi Gras info

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:23:42 -0800 (PST)

I agree with that.

Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  No thats what you guys are
suppose to do, I say we go for the group area on the bay side,  on the second
weekend, maybe we will have better weather.

  On Dec 5, 2007 9:28 AM, Mark Sawyer < mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Has it been decided which weekend we are going????

Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  -

      Here is the plan?please copy and put into an email to TCB.

  Dennis Holbrook called Galveston State Park and we have basically two

  1. The campsites on the bay side (bottom of map left side by Como Lake) can
be reserved only if you reserve ten or more campsites, there is also a
pavilion. Dennis is willing to reserve ten campsites with his credit card and
each person can pay Dennis for a campsite then sub-let the campsite to someone
else to put two campers on a site. Otherwise there are no reservations for
individual campsites on the bay side. If this option is accepted then all ten
(10) campsites must be paid to Dennis before January 5 th or all reservations
will be cancelled and money returned to anyone that has pre-paid.

  2. Individual campsites can be reserved on the Gulf side (top of map) where
we have always gone before. However individual campsites will be assigned upon
arrival and we may not be together. If Dennis reserves ten campsites with his
credit card and each person pays him then he can lock in the campsites when he
arrives. Again any campsite not paid for before January 5 th will be cancelled.

  There is a third possibility that I haven't even counted on: Everyone can
make their own reservations and get whatever campsite is left when they arrive.

  The Park person said that Madi Gras weekend was very busy and reservations
need to be made soon to guarantee a campsite.

  Things to be aware of: on January 1 the fee per campsite will be $20 per
night. The fee for entrance to the park will be $5 per person per day.

  A map of the park can be found on the web at
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4504_042e.pdf

  This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.