[tcb] Re: Fwd: Don't close Texas' state parks

  • From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:15:30 -0500 (EST)

Steve     I agree         OUR hunting & fishing lic provide for the state parks
& should stay that way for ALL to enjoy .   You're welcome Steve
  terry

From: Luke Metzger <moveon-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Subject: Don't close Texas' state parks
To: Steve Chamberlain <steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx>

Below is an email from Luke Metzger from the organization Environment Texas,
who created a petition on SignOn.org, thenonprofit site that allows anyone to
start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this
petition, clickhere.

Dear Texas MoveOn member,
From camping under the stars at Big Bend Ranch to exploring the cypress swamps
of Caddo Lake, life is better here in Texas because of our state parks. They
protect the clean water we dependon and provide a home for some of Texas' most
wondrous wildlife, from the black bear to the leatherback sea turtle. They're
also a major economic engine for the state, generating more than one billion
dollars in economic activity for local communities.
But budget cuts may force the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) to
close twenty state parks, cancel critical repairs, and fail to restore Bastrop
State Park after devastating wildfires.
We can do more to keep our parks safe and open. In fact, our parks already have
a dedicated funding stream—sales taxes on sporting goods—but for too long, the
legislature has raided the fund, diverting the money for other purposes and
leaving just the bones for our cash-strapped parks system.

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to the Texas Legislature, which
says:
Stop raiding the parks fund, and keep all our state parks open and protected.
Click here to add your name to this petition, and thenpass it along to your
friends.
Thanks!
–Luke Metzger
This petition was created on SignOn.org, the progressive, nonprofit petition
site. SignOn.org is sponsored by MoveOn Civic Action, which is not responsible
for the contents of this or other petitions posted on the site. Environment
Texas didn't pay us to send this email—we never rent or sell the MoveOn.org
list.

Want to support our work? MoveOn Civic Action is entirely funded by our 7
million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our
tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

This email was sent to Steve Chamberlain on January 10, 2013. To change your
email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from
this list, click here.