[tcb] Re: Fw: [Houston Volkswagen Club] Coolest VW Show at Clear Lake VW NEXT WEEKEND!!!...

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:41:26 -0700 (PDT)

Three cheers to Augusta National for not allowing cell phones or other digital
devices on the premises.  I am often in a restaurant in Nacogodoches (a college
town) and see a college age boy & girl on an obvious dinner date sitting on
opposite sides of the table in a booth, and both have their smart phones out in
front of them texting.  I often wonder if they are texting each other since it
appears that the age group they represent have lost all ability for personal
communication and interaction.  I know I am old, but if I were on a date with a
good looking girl, the last thing I would have on my mind is texting.