[tcb] Future Movie Bus sighting (NewDee 2010)

  • From: "Trey Jung" <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:17:14 -0500

At the monument show a lady come up to me saying they were shooting a movie in
Houston and wanted to see they could use the bus for  some shots, I gave her my
name and she called and yesterday I was downtown at 5 am for shooting, it was
so cool. The movie is called  "Mao's Last Dancer" due out in 2010. Directed by
Bruce Beresford (Driving Mrs. Daisy and Double Jeopardy)

True Story about a Chinese Ballet dancer (Li Cunxin)  defects to Houston in
1981 of Li .... (They used 10 cars all 70's models) one of the Mercedes caught
on fire while shooting down 59 south ,  I pulled over 4 lanes and was able to
help put the fire out with my trusty fire extinguisher (always by yourside in
your bus)......

We shot until about 6 pm yesterday, (this is so cool) at one point I  told the
AD that I needed gas and got a police escort thought downtown to the gas
station between takes. The Yankees are in town to play the Astros and you
should have seen all the New Yorkers starting at my entourage of 4 motorcycle
cops escorting me (VW Bus) to get gas : priceless...... even better pulling up
at the Chevron Station the look on everyone's faces...

The money was very good and it's going to the new engine, as NewDee had a
struggle to get home.......Leaking compression , running hot , but it was a day
I'll never forget. So when the movie comes out look for me....