[tcb] Re: Funny how stuff works out sometimes

  • From: "sealingwaxred" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:15:04 -0600

From: theodoregreinertll@xxxxxxx
Date: 11/10/2014  10:27 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx,tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Funny how stuff works out sometimes

From: whocanduncan1
Date: Mon, Nov 10, 2014 6:46 PM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;

Bus Traffiker.

Sent from my Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------
From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/10/2014 3:37 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Funny how stuff works out sometimes

http://texasvolksbus.org/kylebus/

The motor sitting on the floor is from a '69 I took a Greyhound to
Illinois to pick up.

http://phorce1.com/georgiabus/index.htm

The body is a '70 the kid (Kyle who is probably still subscribed to
the list and is no longer a kid) who owned the '69 bought to replace the
Michigan salt rusted '69 body. We split the cost --- he got the body to
go with his motor, I got the motor and tossed it in storage for "later".

The motor currently in my '70 is the one out of THIS '70 body. The one
piece rear side glass in my '70 is from the '69 body that got scrapped.

Shortly after he got started replacing parts for a full mechanical
resto his heart stopped (again) and they cracked him open and put him
on something like a 5lb lift limit for over a year. Then Katrina sent
ugly weather our way. Then Rita hit us. Then Ike hit us (he came to
Silsbee and stayed with me in my office during Ike)

Then he moved away for work/school.

So, it sat in his back yard from late 2002 until this past Friday when
I picked it up after he called me about it.

{sigh}

I'm stripping whatever I can and the body will go to scrap. I almost
stepped through the floor when getting stuff out. The frame itself has
bad rot in some places.

It's possible the windshield area is better than mine. I'll pull the
glass this week and see if it's worth saving.

The motor has water in it but was good when pulled. I hope it can be
drained, Marvel Mystery Oiled, and saved.

It has all new metal brake lines. New CV boots and joints that should
just need cleaning and greasing.

It has all the original locks, including the ignition, with one key
WooHoo!

Good windshield, set of jalousies, one-piece right rear window, and
rear hatch glass. Left rear is the short glass plus rotted wing-vent.

Time to start deconstructing ...

G2