[tcb] Re: Fun with Redux Boxes

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:04:20 +0000 (UTC)

I didn't know they made guages for breasts.................

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 7:09 AM

I might but Bodean has suggested camping so I may do that. Wanna go camping?
There will be beer drinking and pointing!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From : James Dwan
Date : Fri, 15 May 2009 05:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
To : <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So Robb, where are you at with your learning opportunity? You gonna be doing
anything on it Saturday? I could come by and drink beer and point at stuff for
ya : )

From : Eric Woodall
Date : Wed, 13 May 2009 11:58:39 -0500
To : <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was able to get my reduction boxes off of the transaxle without a press.
Do you mean you need a press to rebuild the redution boxes?
You could remove the axles and the axle tubes and then take your transaxle
center section that place that Sammie uses in Longview.
This might work right?

wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:

As some of you know I blew out 4th gear on the way to the classic. 1967 with
big nut redux boxes. I'm weighing my options as every time I think I'm leaning
in a specific direction, I run into a challenge. Keeping in mind I've had a
string of bad luck with our regular car getting wrecked while we were in Fburg
and some other realted issues have me kinda strapped for now, so cost is a huge
factor. Time is only a factor because I miss my bus, AND IT'S CAMPING SEASON! I
know I can search the web, but honestly I'm a bit frustrated so I'm hoping you
guys can help, and I value your input.

Option A) How much can I expect to pay to have my tranny rebuilt locally,
stock, if I drag it to them with the redux boxes intact. I don't have the
pullers to get the bearings off to get the axles off. With Graffeo out of the
mix, who? And who close to Dallas? I have no truck or big car to move this
thing with. I can get help, but wouldn't want to ask them to go too far.

Option B) I have a small nut drum to drum, I'm told is good, I can slip in
there for now until my funds get in better shape. It's got a rusted nut in the
redux housing that so far won't budge. Back to that I have no way to remove the
housing  to stick another on there if I could.

Option C) How much and to what lengths would I have to go to to put in a
straight axle kit and do away with the boxes? I don't want to do this, and if I
do, the bus will be down for awhile, especially if it would require any more
than just the tranny axles and drop spindles.

I'm taking a deep breath now...

Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after instant savings!

Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after instant savings!