[tcb] Fuel pump outlet reseating

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:30:27 -0600

Either I'm not using the right search terms or no one has ever
documented a good way to get a press-in fuel pump outlet to seat
properly and stay seated.

Newer style Chaiwanese mechanical pump. Have already re-pressed it
after smearing with fuel safe gasket glue/sealer (high tack stuff).
Lasted about a month. Smelled fuel when I got back from a short run
yesterday and had a steady drip. Clamped the inlet line closed. Grabbed
the outlet and it easily came out in my hand.

Safety wire won't do any good unless I can get the damn thing to seal
tight enough to stop drips before I wire it.

Ideas??

G2