[tcb] Re: Friday ,not so funny joke

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:40:30 -0600

i transferred my tags and wil be making a copy of the title with the new name written in on the back along with a coppied bill of sale. i will also make sure that i tell the revenue along with the assessor that the bus has been sold and give each of them a copy of the bill of sale. not to mention the fact that it is a pain in the tush to transfer a title when the title name isn't the name of the person you purchased it from and they made you a bill of sale stating that sold you a car that is in someone elses name. that was a pain in the ass with the fabubus.

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Friday ,not so funny joke
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:36:00 -0800 (PST)

Another thing you can do when you sell a car is remove the license plates and turn them back in for a refund. this forces the new owner to transfer the title.

Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx> wrote: I had the police call my parents house about 2 years after I sold a
worthless honda. They said the car had been involved in a drug bust
and wanted to charge me to get it out of impound because it was still
in my name. I had to go down and sign a waiver saying that it wasn't
mine. Pain in the butt.