[tcb] Re: Friday Vid

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:42:38 -0500

That's the same commercial clip that Will posted below on YouTube.

G2

sammie smith wrote:
I have a very old video clip of an early crash test of a split window bug. Probably made in the late 40s, and it shows a split VW driven by a test driver off of a cliff probably 20 ft high. It goes end over end a couple of times and lands upside down on the roof. Several helpers run out, right the car, and the test driver drives off. Only apparent damage was slight dents to front and rear and the roof. That's an old factory film and it's probably out there on the net somewhere.

*/"Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    I've done an end-over-end (not a side-roll) in a Beetle, on a freeway,
    at 70MPH, backwards. Changed the tire that popped off the rim, started
    the car, drove (most of the way) back home. Made it about 200 miles
    before all the tranny oil leaked out and the tranny seized up, motor
    still worked.

    Try that in a U.S. or Jap car.

    G2