[tcb] Re: Fresh Air Heat

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:13:02 -0800 (PST)

OK, OK, I know I am responding to my own e-mail:  But just found this:
According to Eccles the bus first had fresh air heat beginning on 12/10/62 with
vin 1040368.  Which means this ain't a "perfect"  restoration 62 23 window even
though it ought to be for the $65,000 asking price.  It is either a late 63 or
an incorrect 62.

  Not as bad as the "perfect" restoration 58 convertible I saw on the Samba
restored 20 years ago by a VW expert.  Was "perfect" original restoration
except when you read the entire ad which describes it with a 1600 dual port,
sitting on a 69 pan with Karman Ghia disc brakes.  Which is not bad except they
want $16,000 for a 20 year old perfect original restoration.  Makes you wonder
sometimes.  I think Everett should require a VW IQ test before allowing anyone
to advertise on the samba.

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Ok, here is a question for you smart bus techies (Will-Peter):  Samba ad by
Jesse Kimball (related to Rich ?)  "perfect" 62 23 window for big bucks shows
fresh air heat in this 62 bus.  Fresh air heat did not come out on the Type I
till into the 63 model year (i.e., early 63s still had stale air heat).  So is
fresh air heat correct for a 62 Type II?  I think not but am still researching
for a correct answer.

  Here is the ad:  http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=529150