[tcb] Re: Free Replacement Shift Pattern For Your Ashtray

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

Well; we all had to get here somehow.

--- On Tue, 5/24/11, Alma Jo Barrera <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Alma Jo Barrera <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Free Replacement Shift Pattern For Your Ashtray
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 9:03 AM

hehehe

Sammie said "impregnated"

AJ

----- Original Message -----
From: sammie smith
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:27 AM

No, it's just that I don't know why a VW driver needs a shift pattern.  But
then I am into splits, not bays.  Now I can understand why a bay came from the
factory with a shift pattern painted on the dash.  And, why some bay drivers
STILL need one.  I've never seen a split come from the dealer with a shift
pattern engraved/painted/or otherwise impregnated on the dash.

From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Texas Coalition of Buses" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 7:55 AM

  I've seen them cheap on websites, but all the ones I saw had a $20 minimum
order. A rude policy, since I needed nothing else.
  And all the images I found were warped or watermarked or somehow made to be
difficult to copy.
  So I ripped the image off and photoshopped around their security.
  Then I just printed it, covered it with a piece of clear packing tape, cut it
to fit and glued it in place with a little rubber cement.
  It looks perfect.
  If anybody would like to print a copy,  I'll email the image to you.