[tcb] Re: For Those Tryin' to Reach Matt Weatherley

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:02:35 -0600

I found a thread on theSamba that kind of laid this out.
Basically a dealer install in Canada.
It looks like a Hup heater was installed in the front spare tire area and cut into the front floor area between the drivers and passengers seat. The install pictures that I saw were truly horrible; hacked the heater duct work with a cutting torch. Now that I found out that Gene Berg and A1 both make larger bore heater boxes for big motors, I am not that concerned with gas heat anymore.

Will Wood wrote:
That wasn't factory, SW and Eiberspachers were in the Engine compartment and
the heat was plumbed into the left side inlet of the central heat tube under
the bus.

If you think about it, you'd have to plumb a fuel line from the back and route
the exhaust out, underneath or out the side.  Also, putting an Eiberspacher
*inside* the passenger compartment means that combustion and heating air is
drawn from the inside as well.

There *may* be a hack involved here, but I'm not truly aware of an Mcode for
this.