[tcb] Re: Flooring Suggestions

  • From: "Fred McDonald" <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 22:08:35 -0500

Sharon has a graphic at the end of her email that is an advertisement for cute pictures attached to your email. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 6:26 PM
Subject: [tcb] Re: Flooring Suggestions

I think it happens on all posts she sends directly to the list. If she
replies to a message already here then her reply comes through.

I keep seeing people reply to messages she's posted when I never see the
original message from her. I have the sysmatrix spam filters pretty relaxed
for list mail so I haven't been able to find out WHY it's happening. and
it's only to mail she send to the list, mail she sends me directly comes
through fine with a spam score that is relatively high, but not high enough
to trip the spam catcher.

Sorry, Sharon, I'm about to go into "rabid email administrator mode"
bashing non-standard email programs.

Part of it is all the extraneous formatting that Incredimail adds to email
messages for it's cutesy pictures and "stationary" that I never see anyway
because I refuse to load HTML or RTF into email. Incredimail does, at
least, add a plain text version so I can read her messages when they arrive
even though they are twice as big as they should be for a plain old text
email.

Here's a bit of the spam score from one message from her -- all of this
caused by the cute formatting that Incredimail adds:

0.8 EXTRA_MPART_TYPE Header has extraneous Content-type:...type= entry 0.8 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_32 BODY: HTML: images with 2800-3200 bytes of words
0.1 HTML_TAG_EXIST_TBODY   BODY: HTML has "tbody" tag
0.8 SARE_GIF_ATTACH        FULL: Email has a inline gif

Charter.net is also on a couple of lists for not having working abuse@ or
postmaster@ addresses and that adds a couple more points

I'll poke through the logs for today after they wrap up and roll over at
midnight to see if I can find any that were black-holed to see what pushed
them over the edge.

G2

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:19:02 -0700 (PDT) sammie smith
<bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Read you 5X5 now Sharon, but all your posts prior to this
one have been being read by my server as spam and
directing to my spam box.

Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url
(#default#vml);}      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml)  }
None of my posts are getting thru so I am testing this to see
if its working now