[tcb] Re: Failed - My Bulli Gras Escape

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:29:49 -0500

Sergio Valente.
On Mar 9, 2011 9:28 AM, "sammie smith" <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ditto

Of singlecabboy
> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:51 PM
> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tcb] Re: Failed - My Bulli Gras Escape
>

> Comments on this list may not be the opinion of all participants.
>
> Paul Smith
> Transporters@The Point 8
> October 7,8 and 9 ,2011
> Morgan's Point Resort Texas

radio. N.O.A.A. National Weather service. They are some no-jive no-hype
serious weather forecasters. I knew it would be too crazy windy to be
driving home and that it would clear up and be sunny.
>   So there we were, enjoying great weather on Sunday all by ourselves.
>   Buncha unprepared quitters.
>   Frankly, I expected more from all of you. Poppin' yer Geritols and
passing out at 9pm. Seriously! What was that?!  Somebody needs to be pulling
your hippie cards.
>   If you are too tired to stay out tonight, think how you'll feel at 70.
>   Seize the day. Buy an umbrella and a propane heater.
>   I can't believe so many of you drove so far just to turn tail and run
from a little water.

temps, gusting winds and when I stepped out of my bus into a 6" deep lagoon
(that I named Lake Julie,) I gave up on the whole thing!

> I left Galveston and experienced super HIGH winds on I-45, the Sam Houston
Tollway AND I-10 as I put puttered toward SA.  Sometimes it seemed like the
bus might actually be blown off of some of those high bridges! Scary.

> Finally out of harms way, my bus was laboring along I-10 against head
winds when it just lost all power and died somewhere just east of
Schulenburg.  After a brief time diagnosing....I realized it was just the
points. Of course I did NOT have a replacement set.  Wrecker arrives and my
bus got to spend saturday night in Schulenburg at the auto parts store
because they didn't have ANY points that even remotely resembled the ones I
needed.

> My new bride drove from SA to pick me up and I was safe at home by 5:00
pm.  We hooked up the trailer and drug my bus home the next morning, no
problemo.

> Notes to Self:
> 1. Never camp with Julie again, even if she PROMISES the weather is gonna
be nice.  Or at least remember to pack hurricane clothing appropriate for
Galveston Island when camping ON Galveston Island!
> 2. ALWAYS carry an extra set of points, condensor etc.
> 3. Expect the unexpected because VW's are very dependable.  You can depend
on them to break down at the worst possible moment...

> All in all, it was still a great weekend and quite an adventure!  Denis,
thanks for the Sausage and Egg biscuit. You're a lifesaver! I'll see
everyone in Fredricksburg.