[tcb] Re: FLORIDA COURT

  • From: Neil <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:38:50 -0800 (PST)

Wunder if'n the judge is one?  OOps, DANG...THATS why religion and polics cause
hard feelin's!
Back to the subject at hand...my bus is runnin' FINE...I just can't drive it
for too long...

From: Will <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 6:43

Aren't we supposed to keep this off the list?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

John Barry wrote:

: FLORIDA COURT

You must read this.......a proper decision by the courts...... ...for a change.

FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida, an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover
days.  He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians,
Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair
that atheists had no such recognized days. The case was brought before a judge.
 After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged
his gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling, "Your honour, how can you
possibly dismiss this case?  The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others.
The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other
atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client,
counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or
holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1
states, “The fool says in his heart, there is no God.” Thus, it is the opinion
of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool.
Therefore, April 1st is his day.” Court is adjourned.

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!

This is too good not to forward.

http://www.eset. com

07:38:00

__._,_.___

MARKETPLACE

Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for
the world and for each other

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

Recent Activity

 1
New Members