[tcb] Re: Exhaust ?s

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 23:09:16 -0600

Wow, thanks that helps a bunch!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Mark Jenkins <marktts88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/601680.jpg

This showes the parts is order

----- Original Message ----
From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, January 1, 2010 10:26:54 PM
Subject: [tcb] Exhaust ?s

Hello all of you smart and wonderful Bus people,

I am changing my muffler on my '71 from a Monza to a stock one and I need some questions answered. (Please excuse my non use of the proper lingo, remember that I still have lots to learn.)

With my old Monza (at least I think it is a Monza because I have 4 shiny chromey tailpipes) the top hole at the rear of the heater box is connected with that black paper covering foil stretchy tube stuff all of the way to the openings in the tin.

With the stock muffler there are those thingies that look like kidneys. How do I attach the top hole at the rear of the heater box to the kidney shaped thingie? I assume with a short piece of that black paper covering foil stretchy tube stuff and a couple of round clamp things that tighten as you turn the screw. Or is there some magical piece to the puzzle that I'm missing?

And I haven't really studied it carefully enough to figure out how to use the two brace/clamp thingies that came with the muffler, one is round and the other is not round. I assume they help keep the tailpipe secure or something like that. If anyone understands my gobbley-gooky question, could you please enlighten me?

Thanks for putting up with me,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone