[tcb] Eureka Trip Report

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

We just got back from a great weekend, we road tripped the bus up to Eureka
Springs AR. There was a huge VW show with somewhere around 200 vintage VWʼs! We
left Friday around noon and got to Eureka Springs around 9pm, we camped in the
parking lot of the show. It was a great show even though we had some rain.
Yesterday we camped out with a bunch of people from the Tulsa area, great
people and great times. We left the campsite around 11am and got back home at
7:30. We took the scenic route home!

Ok, I know you all have been waiting for the numbers so here they are:

Miles driven: 759
Average miles per gallon: 19.1
Total cost of trip: Under $250
Odds of a vintage VW not breaking down: 1 in 5
Most expensive gas: $3.79
Cheapest gas: $3.31
Average speed: 55 mph apx
Top speed: 74 mph
Number of wheels touching the ground on a hairy turn in the mountains: 2
Number of pictures taken: 224
Number of times guy next to me dried his car off after rain during the show: 7
Number of beers drank by me: 18
Number of vintage VWʼs we saw while on the road trip: 2.5 (saw a bug cut in
half)
Number of small, rickety wooden, bridges crossed in BFE Okalahoma back country:
2
Number of hours driven with out seeing so much as a gas station: 2.5
Number of cars that passed us during those 2.5 hours: 11
Number of buffets we ate at: 2
Number of Buffets we ate at that sucked: 2
Number of diapers changed by me this trip: 0
Number of diapers changed by me since birth: 7
Number of hours Lee spent on the phone: 2.5
Amount of fun had: LOTS
Seeing the smile on a 3 monthʼs old face at her first VW show: PRICELESS

SEE THE PICTURES AT:
www.bednar.smugmug.com

Thanks,
Jeff, Lee, & Lily Bednar