[tcb] Re: Ennis has lost all it's luster

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:14:02 -0500

On Sep 9, 2004, at 2:37 PM, Denis wrote:

> When I first started to play with Volkswagens Ennis was a very big
> deal.
> Then I guess 2 years(?) of rain made it iffy for me. I missed it last
> year
> and this year it sounds like there is not alot of interest.

I know it sucks to drive in the sun all the way up there to be told at
the gate that it is canceled! again!

> I guess Eureka Springs is the biggest show of the year

It still cost too much....................

>  and after that I like
> Paul's Bugtoberfest and the campout. Then, although I haven't been
> except
> for one day, is Steve and Sharon's. I really liked the Austin Air
> Coolers
> show, I don't even know the date for that.

November 14,2004
At-least with these shows you know that they are put on because the
people running them WANT to do it, not just to make some money.

> But Ennis is kinda off my calendar. What went wrong?

I don't know what is wrong. I just know it costs too much. (so does
eureka springs imho) Having it in that hot ass parking lot sucks.
The way they charge has always seemed kinda twisted to me. I like the
IDEA of a car show with drag racing (not that I have seen any in the
last 2 years) I just think it hurts the show more than helps. Look at
what it costs to have it there, the other good shows don't to have to
pay a promoter and a insurance man. Having it at a track puts us in a
place where they are expected to gouge the crap out of you if you want
to eat or drink. ( even if you want to bring your own that is made
inconvenient ) I will take my racing at "Thunder Valley" where the lady
will give you a ride to your car so you can move your cooler closer to
the gate, and get a .50 hot dog and my car shows somewhere, anywhere,
with some shade.

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.