[tcb] Re: Engine size

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:37:41 -0800 (PST)

One thing I have never figured out is how your view of the blueblus transaction
and that of Chuck's is so different.

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 11:44 AM

Thanks! It told me I actually have a 1906, although there is some wiggle with
deck height.

This all came up because, while I have controlled most of it, my engine is
still blowing oil. My local Porsche/Farrari type mechanic that owns the local
parts house, says that I need rings because I have excessive case pressure. I
can vent the valve covers and put in a breather box, but the guy says that I am
not solving the problem. Derrick at Wayout (also an excellent repair shop)
tells me he has 90.4 MM cylinder set that will fit right in where my 88s go
with no machining. The 90.4s have thin walls, problem? My 88s have thick walls.

Do I do the rings on the 88s? Put in new 90.4s? Vent the valve covers?