[tcb] Re: Engine building next chapter

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 90.5 x 78 in the garage. It's calculates out to a 2010.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          That is a good idea, Shirley,
about the engine in Ruby, the Ghia. It is almost brand new. And if you will
send me the Porsche engine, Dunc, I'll pop that booger in as soon as I get it.

  I do think that it will go this way: Tomorrow, probably, I will pull the
engine and take it up to Wayout where he says that he has all the tools to do
machining and build. We will, at least, tear it down and as Will suggested, see
what we have.

  Then I will either build the new engine there, probably using the 90.5
pistons and cylinders, or take the parts and bus down to Chuck's and build it
there the week before T@P.

  I have to tell you guys that it fees really cool to have four engines
offerred as loaners, not even counting the Ghia. Thanks y'all.

  So, if I use the 90.5s and I have a 78.4 stroke, what will the new engine
size be, and what is the formula, anyway? Multiply, add? I have a 1914, how do
you get that number