[tcb] Re: Empi accufire conversion kit

  • From: Lee Le <heyleele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:16:27 -0800 (PST)

Fred, my bus is a 1600...that's waht I was told..how do i check it for sure? I
need a taller and perhaps wider cap..until ur email I never knew they had 2
types.  Well if this is a 1600 something is seriously wrong because the rotor
on the original cap was scratched from the rotor on the inside of its travel
line when it had the points setup ..I'm gonna buy a new rotor..along with a
cap..and hopefully it's a warped rotor..and not an internal engine
problem..thanks for the input.
Fred McDonald <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Yea I didn't know there were two
different caps (one short and one tall) and
as far as I know the 1600 uses a short cap; of course I didn't know it at
the time. I bought one of those clear colored caps because I thought it
would look really cool. It was a tall cap and when I installed it my bus ran
like crap. At first I thought that the colored cap I bought was just a cheep
piece of junk (Bug Pack) I haven't had much luck with Bug Pack parts. Anyway
I ordered a new cap from Black Gold and that's when I found out there were
two different caps. Live and Learn.