[tcb] Re: Electronic Ignition

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Fred:  Why don't you try Black Gold or one of the other local VW parts
suppliers and get Bosch?

From: Shakey Spudman <dblcab67@xxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 12:37 PM

Like I told you before Fred you need a good carb. A good german rebuilt. Read
the samba threads on the bulletproof carbs. Stay away from new brazilian or
mexican junk. A new set of points properly gapped will last 12000 miles at
least. It sounds to me like your chasing your tail. Remember sometimes you have
two or three problems going on at the same time. Fixing one does not fix all.
But if you want to throw more money at an electronic setup go ahead. Remember
down the road if you forget what lead goes where and hook it up
backwards-poof-there it goes. But you do get to witness what $100 in smoke
looks like.

Shakey

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Justin <sunbugone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it still has the stock distributor (vacuum advance). Then buy a pertronix
unit that fits the stock distributor.  The style of carburetor will come into
play as well. The brosol H30/31 carbs do not run well with certain
distributors. I usually throw 009 distributors in the garbage. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2011, at 11:12 AM, "Fred McDonald" <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Where is Automotive Machine?
2) I have a stock 1600 single port motor with an alternator.