[tcb] Re: Don't yell at me too loudly

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:56:35 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

A) Wrong, Stacey David demonstrated the V8 one on Gearz and pulled a wheelie.
Just rev it and dump the hydrostatic drive.  I actually have it PVRd...  Hoss
Fly has also announced a "big block" version.

B) Chrysler produced 55 Jet Turbine cars so yes the power transfer is via a
shaft but they're still jet powered.  In the strict sense they don't use the
thrust of the jet for propulsion however the thrust does generate rotational
energy for the power.  Now, there are a few "home brew" designs that use pulse
jet technology but I'd think that it would be less controllable that either of
these two designs.  The use of the hydrostatic drive is very clever especially
since you can "gear" it down with the rotational speed of the input.  Even
though the turbine could crank at 100,000RPM most of the fluid pressure could
be drained off.  So, lots o noise, little speed.