[tcb] Re: Don't think if I'll make the Classic :(

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:52:20 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I just wanted to make sure he didn't skip it because he thought it was some
huge 8 or 10 hour drive each way. At Bay speeds (cruise at 65 - 70, average
50 - 55 with stops) it should be under 4 hours one way. If he's a "good
teenager" who doesn't get snotfaced on friday night he can have some quiet
study time Saturday morning while the rest of us are nursing hangovers.
{grin}

Now, if there are finals for some classes on MONDAY then I wouldn't suggest
making the trip. Stuff happens and the arrival home Sunday evening could be
later than expected.

Me, I drive 50 and average 35 - 45 even though I'm towing with the Chevy,
and I have farther to drive. It takes me about 8 or 9 hours. I'm working
straight through to midnight Wednesday. I need new tires on the front of
the truck so I can't leave until I get that done Thursday. I'm HOPING to be
out of here by about 10 am and at the park before dark. I'm working this
past Friday through Wednesday, then I'll be off Thursday through Wednesday,
then working Thursday through midnight Monday to make up for the days off.

Gerald