[tcb] Re: Done Bus collecting

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:07:16 -0800 (PST)

I'm proud of you Julie.

--- On Thu, 2/12/09, julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
<julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Done Bus collecting
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 9:04 AM

I'll post pictures tonight after work.  The before and after.  But it is the
Bay Window that is painted like a zebra.  Sammie, it's the one that was parked
next to my 21 window.  You weren't impressed.  It will be more of a camper than
my '71 having a stove and sink and water tank and water heater and a cooler.
There's an extra blower to help the heat and and an extra big oil cooler and an
oil filter.  We will be able to take on the world together.

Pictures!

From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [tcb] Done Bus collecting
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 6:54 AM

Well I got the final Bus that I was seeking and now with 4 I feel I have more
than my fair share, in fact I'm under the delusion that I have the mostest
beautifulest driveway full of Buses ever.  His name is Wieder (pronounced as
Vee-der) the German word for again and in honor of one of my most favorite
songs ever, Immer Wieder (which translates to again and again or continually)
by Harmonia (an obscure Krautrock band) more recently covered by The Secret
Machines.

While Wieder was missing a guy was "fixing" him up and as far as I'm concerned
he only did damage that will take many hours to make right.  His roof rack is
gone (but I know who has it).  His bad ass grey interior has been painted a
sissy Caribbean blue.  Bodywork was started so metal was exposed and is now
rusty...  But he's still gorgeous in my opinion and he was the perfect price.
And like Mike's amazing acquisition, he has skylights added but for whatever
reason there a three of them and a small sunroof over the front seats.

Now I need tools like a parts washer, a blast cabinet, a compressor, a welder!
Harbor Freight has some good prices but is anything worth buying there?

Julie