[tcb] Re: Displacement spreadsheet

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

I meant in my earlier post that the 1800 stroked engine is one of the least
expensive "stroked" engines.  It would cost more than the 1776 or the 1835.

As to the 2110: I would have a question of reliability.  When someone shows me
one that will run 75 to 100,000 miles without a tear down I might agree.  I
know
of several 2007s that have gone that far without problems.

And of course reliabilty of any of them, including stock, depends tons on who
the builder is.  I've seen lots of "home-done" rebuilds on stock engines that
wouldn't go 5,000 miles.

And good engine builders are becoming fewer:  we are gonna miss folks like Lyle
Cherry.