[tcb] Discussion #2 Buyers beware

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:19:14 -0600

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a floorpad for the front of the bus. I
have made all the ones before now and they have all turned into crap.
So I call Wolfgang, my supplier of choice. Always terrific. $79, but they are
out of stock. So I go shopping. I find it for $99 at one place, so I decide to
try Rocky Mountain Motorworks. I know that they were in financial trouble and
had declared bankruptcy but I find that they were bought up by Mid America, the
people who own The Real Source. I never used them because it was only bug
stuff. Now they supply Corvettes, Mini Coopers, etc and now VW buses. Their
catalogue lists carpet sets, front only, but they are for busses 1950-79, two
pieces for bucket seats. I talked on the phone to 3 different people that knew
nothing more than that.

So what we have here is a company that tries to do everything and ends up doing
nothing well.

Wolfgang expects to be stocked today and will call me