[tcb] Re: Did VW

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:26:39 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

Due to the shape and height I'm thinking a setup with "fold-out" outriggers
would be most stable. It really shouldn't be all that difficult for a good
fabricator to build a "boat bottom" for a bus using tanks tucked up in the
frame area for bouyancy but the tall narrow body design will make it flip
easily even if it's bottom heavy.

The hard part will be trying to avoid submerging the engine to the point
that it takes on water in even the tiniest wake. Unless you build a boat
bottom that completely negates the designed road clearance height of a bus
you will be submerging the spark plugs at a minimum and it'll run like crap
with the heads kept that cold.

G2