[tcb] Re: Denis' medical bills update.

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:21:09 -0800 (PST)

I ditto the thoughts about the people at the hospital, from the folks at the
emergency kiosk ,to the lady  who led me to Denis's room all were very helpful
, even the voice that when I buzzed the buzzer to enter his ward was just doing
her job.She ask my name, then how I knew him ? I told her were are Friends, I
wasn't about to tell her that we were gay lovers and I'm the one who pushed
Dennis off the porch ,but overall everyone was very helpful.

Paul Smith
Transporters@The Point 8
October 7,8 and 9 ,2011
Morgan's Point Resort Texas

From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 1:23 PM

Today I learned that the reason I don’t owe 20% of $83K is that the insurance
companies make deals with the hospitals that mark down the cost. So they say
$83K and the insurance says “No, it is $49K” Then they trim things here and
there, so I pay 20% of $30K. The hospital billing ladies have been really nice
and they seem amazed by it all, even as they are explaining it. I don’t know
who to kill.

Further strange. I was 6 days in ICU. The insurance company sent me a letter
that said I was pre-approved for 4. I got billed for 5.

Do I have to kill them all?