[tcb] Re: DC Gates

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:06:04 +0000

I am interested. Will they work on a 68?? I think the only difference is the 68
has the holes in the rear gate for the tail lights to show thru.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A friend has a set of Gearson (green stuff) reproduction gates for a DC new and
unused that he wants to sell.  These are the early gates that Geason made and
they have a small problem that I think could be fairly easilty corrected.  The
problem is that the hinge was not made long enough and they have difficulty
closing all the way.  I think with a little torch heat and bending of the hinge
they could be made to fit properly.  He wants $600 for the set and Gearson
gates for the DC are now $2,000.  If you are interested or know anyone that is
I will provide the info to get in touch with the guy that has them.

Gearson made him a new set at no charge and they are simply trying to recoup
some of the cost for the first gates.

Sammie Smith