[tcb] Crappy vinyl dash on Bays

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:57:34 -0600

I hate the vinyl dash on Bays. All you Bay people, I love you and love your
Bays, but the number one problem I have with them is that dash. Maybe I had
some bad acid once and was riding in one and the dash material scared me. Yeah,
maybe that's what happened. Or my girlfriend (Kimberly) broke up with me in her
parent's Bay, and I leaned on the dash and my tears would get stuck in the
texture. Sadly, that bus got all melted when the house burnt down while I was
watching it. ( It was electrical, I wasn't even there. NOT MY FAULT!)

They are always cracked and, well...I hate them. Derrick at Way Out took the
vinyl off and there is an attractive metal dash under there, covered with foamy
yucky Three Musketeers nougat crap. American safety standards made them slap
that offensive soft gooey cracked up stained snake pattern out whatever nasty
reptile or armadillo knock off fairytale dragon skin with all those little
places that hold every spilled Dr Pepper or baby food that has been in those
grooves since the Jimmy Carter days on there.

anybody else ever looked under that yuck?