[tcb] Re: Cookies make people happy

  • From: Alison Branch <islandalison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

That is awesome Julie! Have fun and take lots of pics!

Alison

On May 21, 2010, at 1:49 PM, Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So happy in fact, sometimes they even get to the point of delirious.

I've been known to send cookies to the VW parts guys in California.  It makes
them much more patient and willing to help me out when I am in need.

Too bad the power of the cookies does not work on Texan VW mechanics.  I was
hoping to drive my '66 to The Classic in CA but I'm not real good at the whip
cracking and the mechanic who swore up and down that he would have it done for
me for this trip, well he hasn't laid his hands on my Bus in months.  I will
get my Bus back from him soon and come up with a new plan of action.  But I am
getting off topic here, this is about the power of the cookies.

I am flying to The Classic, (my '71 is still driving but after my crazy
commuting, he needs attention before such a long journey) and was planning on
tent camping that is until my parts guy friend offered me the use of one of his
Buses for the week!  He is like me and goes both ways, Bays and Splits.  He
will use his Split and I will use his Bay.  I asked why such a generous offer
and he said it is because I make such good cookies.

I am sooooo freaking happy!  I won't be there in one of my Buses, but I will be
there in a Bus. I am a lucky, lucky lady!

Julie