[tcb] Re: Confused and Curious

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:39:12 -0500

I gather you've never been to a low rider convention in San Antonio. (And yes I have.)

Check out lowlifevw.com, hoodride.com and http:// www.franklinsvwwerks.com/. The last link is for products to lower a bus that much.

There is a group of rodders in Austin who like to grind (scrape or drag) their rod bods on the ground. If their rod doesn't grind, it isn't low enough.

On Jun 7, 2006, at 2:18 AM, j duncan wrote:

I came across this photo while researching the references to OCTO:

http://www.baronvonkronken.com/rat26.jpg

Is this stock? If not, how'd they lower it so much? Did they simplly weld metal on to the sheet metal? It just seems more than "just lowered."

BTW: VW owners are a wacky group. I notice I'm developing a certain tilt as every day passes.

'Til Red, White and Psychoblooie,
Duncan