[tcb] Re: College Station Buses

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

Won't look original but it'll sure as hell run.  Ever driven a split bus 100mph?

From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 10:53 AM

VW's aren't like american iron.
There's not a serial number on the engine that matches the body of the vehicle.
Thank God!

ATX BUS wrote:

I'd like to go with a 1500 possibly a 1600.  The motor in that pic looked
mostly complete and I thought it would be a good start for a project.

I'm not expecting to find the correct motor number of the bus, but I would like
something that would have a stock appearance.

 Jeff

From: Bergman <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 3:22 PM

I have a late model 40hp that is ready to assemble

From: ATX <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: " tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " < tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 6:06 PM

Interesting.  The broken glass in the rear hatch might have doomed the
cabinets.  I have an so-42 resto project, I'll still need a period specific
motor.  If someone buys this and doesn't need the motor then let me know.

Of course, I hope it's restorable and not turned into parts.

Jeff

sent via iPhone

On Jun 27, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If he contacts me tonight I will go over tomorrow.

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yeah.  I know you do.
I e-mailed the guy about the camper which appears to be an
SO-42 Westy.  Have not heard back from him.  The
Westy appears that it could be a resto candidate depending
on condition and completeness.  Why don't you see
if you can contact him and go
look. --- On Sat, 6/27/09,

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 12:09 PM

I don't know who it is, but if you want me to go look
at them I live in College Station now.

Ronnie

979-268-4932

--- On Sat, 6/27/09, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>