[tcb] Re: College Station Buses

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:03:45 -0500

Wow I think I'll stick with Mild custom originalish looking.

sammie smith wrote:
You are correct. But that's why absolutely original survivor cars are so valuable relative to restored cars that just look original. Sort of like other antiques. Original is much more valuable than "looks original." Best survivor VW I have ever seen is the 66 bug that was at Eureka last year. Something like 6,000 miles and looks as if it just rolled off the showroom floor. Second best survivor VW I have ever seen is the 53 barndoor ambulance that Ray Hair has now sold twice. Also a lowlight Ghia that Scott Dempster had (a 56 I think) absolutely beautiful with something like 20,000 miles. It was for sale for best offer and he had turned down $35,000. Don't know if he sold it or not.