[tcb] Re: College Station Buses

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:27:13 -0700 (PDT)

Well what I would do given an unlimited budget would be a new AS 41 case, build
it as a single port 1600, put a doghouse cooler on it and dress it with tin
just as an original engine and from a looks standpoint it would look just like
it came from the factory except for the engine # on the case.  Put the correct
tin on it with the PIC 30 carb, correct air cleaner, bus governor and no one
would ever be able to tell the difference by looking at the engine.  You would
have a little more power from the 1600 as opposed to the 1500 and it will run
cooler with the doghouse.  Turnkey from one of our engine builders you are
probably looking at $2,500+.  If you want to find a used rebuildable H case and
scrounge the swaps and other sources for used parts you can probably knock a
$1,000 off of that.  If you could find a used rebuildable complete H case
engine, such as out of the bus in Bryan I am sure that Mark would be happy to
rebuild the engine ready to
 install for the $1,500.

But the guy in Bryan has never answered my e-mail and to my knowledge has not
answered Ronnie either.

From: Bergman <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 3:22 PM

I have a late model 40hp that is ready to assemble

From: ATX <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: " tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " < tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 6:06 PM

Interesting.  The broken glass in the rear hatch might have doomed the
cabinets.  I have an so-42 resto project, I'll still need a period specific
motor.  If someone buys this and doesn't need the motor then let me know.

Of course, I hope it's restorable and not turned into parts.

Jeff

sent via iPhone

On Jun 27, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If he contacts me tonight I will go over tomorrow.

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yeah.  I know you do.
I e-mailed the guy about the camper which appears to be an
SO-42 Westy.  Have not heard back from him.  The
Westy appears that it could be a resto candidate depending
on condition and completeness.  Why don't you see
if you can contact him and go
look. --- On Sat, 6/27/09,

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 12:09 PM

I don't know who it is, but if you want me to go look
at them I live in College Station now.

Ronnie

979-268-4932

--- On Sat, 6/27/09, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>