[tcb] Re: Clutch spring. another part I never thought about.

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:12:45 -0500 (EST)

Pull the engine! If the spring is tired, the crossshaft and forks are likely tired as well.

From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:21:28 -0600
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, Murray’s clutch pedal would not come back all the way up and it would be like the clutch is slipping until I pulled it back up with my toes.

I lubed everything and loosened and tightened the pedal arm. I adjusted the clutch cable until it was too tight and the pedal would still not come up all the way.

So, I called Chuck and he confirmed that there was only the one spring.

So, in true Arkie tech fashion I drove a drywall screw between the screw and the clutch lever at the transmission and … everything works perfectly. Freaking $2.25 spring.

Has anybody ever replaced the spring? Can I do it without pulling the transmission? The Wolfgang website says there is a clip that holds on the lever.

If I have to pull the engine then I’ll have to do the valve job and if I get into the tranny then I need a new pressure plate and throw out bearing….

Maybe I won’t make Nacogdoches.