[tcb] Re: Cleaning the engine bay

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

at my carwash we always clean the engine with it running - be very carful with
the pressure washer - we use a low psi (around 300-400) not the usual 1200psi.
when the engine is running its less likely to get water where it's not susposed
to go.
we clean about 10-15 engine compartments per week, and never once in 5 years
had a problem!
jeff bednar
fountain car wash

From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Cleaning the engine bay
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:33:38 -0500

How dumb is the idea to pressure wash the engine compartment with a pressure
washer with the engine still in the bus?

I'm thinking  cover the engine (generator is my main concern) with plastic and
go after it.....

It's just really dirty back there.....

Anything  I should be aware of that I need to worry about?

Or how stupid is this idea? Denis? Mark? Eric? Ronnie? Dan? Julie?

Trey

http://mail.yahoo.com