[tcb] Re: Carroll Shelby

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 20:13:13 -0500

I can truly say that he was one of my heroes growing up. Granted nobody is
perfect - but he stood up to the big automakers, and did his own thing even
when it meant that his name would be used without getting compensation for it.
I was glad to see success in his later life.

From the son of a chicken farmer, to one of the most respected automotive
designers of our time. He will be missed.