[tcb] Re: Can't even lead zebra to water

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:37:48 -0600

Thanks! Now that I'm done working on the '71 it is time to tackle my stuck brake problem. I am sure all of the advice will help with two exceptions, I am not buying a four wheel drive truck and I am not adopting any children.

On Feb 14, 2010, at 2:28 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Take Gerald's advice but you can do it easier. Just get some liquid wrench or PB blaster and spray it into the drums. You can do some from the rear (inside) around the drum and from the front (outside) through either the brake adjusting hole if you have one or take a couple of lug bolts out and spray it through the hole. Do it ever so often and it will free them up and keep them from rusting up. Don't do this procedure on good brakes because it will ruing the brake linings. However; on an old one that has been sitting around the brake linings are going to have to be replaced at some point anyway and you won't hurt anything.