[tcb] Can you guess how many windshield Freedom has had?

  • From: j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:14:37 -0500

Add 1 more to the list. I had the front seats out to do some rewiring of the
aux battery. I isolated the cool "Gerald" battery I got from Trey at a very
cool price. I hooked up all the interior lights, sink, radio, clock and just
about anything else I could find the wires for. I stuck the battery towards the
back of the sink and built shelving around it so it is well hidden and stable.
Okay, back to the seats. It is not a simple, 1 step process getting them back
in. You have to have the seat forward, the hook upside down and facing the
wrong way just to get it into the slot. Once in the slot, you have flip it,
flop it, invert the table and find the other slot all the while of sliding the
seat backwards just a bit. Frustrating, to say the least. I said more, all
which cannot be printed here. Okay, so during this crazy engineering joke, I
figured the best way to make it all come together was to "shake" the seat a
little bit. And just a little bit of shaking was enough for it to hit the
windshield and yep, you got it, break it. Ahhh, it was chipped already anyway.
So Freedom has yet another front windshield totaling 4 since I've owned it.

But it starts right up. I'm picking Cindy up at the Little Rock airport on the
2nd while on my way back home from the end of the earth. We'll see ya-all at
Psycoblooie. Woohooie!

BTW:  Very cool video of OCTO 2008! Thanks for sharing it, Dan.

Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_062008