[tcb] Re: Can a push rod seal leak cause vacuum problems?

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:16:08 -0800 (PST)

I agree. It is either the booster itself or the hose going to it. It is
definately vacume related as it idles very rough. At least the E-brake
works...hope the spare booster is good, if not there is a place locally that
rebuilds them for $50. I'll do asearch on the Samba...seems to me they were in
Mesquite - can't be any more convenient

From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 11:01 AM

Depends on the part.  Cheepo Masters can fail quickly.  If the pedal is hard to
push, I'd suspect the booster
otherwise the master cylinder.