[tcb] Re: Camping trip Report

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:53:13 -0500

a nother dude name brian and his wife, rex and marline in a 78 westie and
damien and heather in his 70 transporter.

----------------------------------------> From: coocoo@xxxxxxx> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: Camping trip Report> Date: Mon, 17 Sep
2007 08:46:29 -0500>> But who else was there?>>>>> ----- Original Message
-----> From: "Brian Denning" > To: > Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 8:07 AM>
Subject: [tcb] Camping trip Report>>>> Place: Devil's Den>> Friday:>> Left work
in the bus at noon stopped at the Shell to fill up and buy some> ice for the
cooler. (factory icebox sux) put about 17 bux worth of gas in> the bus...he's
getting around 23mpg. went on my way drove through downtown> Hot Springs so I
could see all the motorcycles, this past weekend was the> big bike rally, Hot
Springs has around 35k people and over 50k bikes were> expected to show up for
the rally. Drove on through Hot Springs onto Highway> 5 then Highway 7. Highway
7 has some second gear hills and what I saw next> friggin shocked the shit out
of me. there were bikers comming up the hill> and i don't mean big burley men
with leather on riding wide loud> motorcycles...instead they were skiny lankey
men wearing spandex on skinny> wheeled bicycles...peddling up a second gear in
the bus hill. if that wasn't> crazy enough i rounded the next bend and there
were more of 'em...then the> funniest sight ever. this bicycle biker was going
down a hill and some> motorcyclist bikers were comming up it and they both did
the "biker wave"> you know the one one hand down to the side kinda sticking out
a bit. yep> spandex meets leather it was hillarious.>> get into russelville and
i'm sitting at this stop sign and these little punk> kids pull up next to me
they were laughing and carrying on then i realized> they were laughing at
hershey...well, since i still had anouther 2 hours to> go i didn't want hershey
sad cause he might not run right so i did the right> thing and said "my shit is
40 years old what's your excuse?" of course one> kid was like oooooooo and the
other kid was like f.u. and then they started> revving there motor like they
were going to race so i revved mine just for> giggles and they took off and i
slowly let out the clutch and went on. it> was hillarious.>> got onto I-40 and
drove 65-70 the whole way till i heard a loud pop sounded> like the frontend
fell off the bus so i pulled over and discovered it was> either a bird or a
really large mosquito still haven't figured it out. get> back on I-40 and drove
till i had to get onto highway 71 met up with the two> other bus guys in alma
at 3:30 and joined in the convoy the rest of the way> to devil's den.>> we got
a campfire going and i bragged cause i had the smallest oil stain and> they
laughed cause i was the one backfiring on the down hill coasts. went to> bed>>
Saturday:>> Woke up ate some chips and a turkey sammich hung out and helped the
one bus> guy unload his triumph motorcycle...old school sweet looking no>
mufflers...then me and the two other people loaded up in my bus went and got>
gas and marshmellows...cause you gotta have marshmellows when you go>
camping(funny story about those in a bit)....got back and went hiking on the>
devil's den trail.>> Devil's den is a big ass cave that supposedly if you chose
to crawl and> squeez through openings you could come out on the other side of
the> mountain. i didn't even go into the cave cause i didn't have a>
flashlight...booooo. but others were doing it and when we hiked to the>
otherside of the mountain you could hear the people who we saw going into> the
cave.>> got back to the campsite and took a shower...discovered that what the
other> camper said was true...no hot water, so i froze my arse off. made the
night> feel oh so much warmer though.>> drank some downhome punch and some beer
and started roasting marshmellows i> love it when you catch them on fire and
blow them out they are perfect well> one person gave a denis the menace
referance so i started catching them on> fire and seeing if i could fling them
across the street....didn't happen> :-( they kept going out.>> Sunday:>> left
to go home around 8 in the morning...pretty uneventful took i-540 to> i-40 to
i-430 to i-30 to home. bus ran fine and i have decided that it ran> so damn
good that it will make it to temple with no problems so i will> definately be
seeign you all there...infact, i put in for time off that week> this morning.
so i shoud be there either thursday night or friday morning...>> i will try and
post pictures of the trip tonight using a photobucket link>
Virus Database: 269.13.21/1010 - Release Date: 9/15/2007> 7:54 PM>>>

More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™
Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.