[tcb] Re: Camping in the lap of luxury!

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:53:41 -0500

Sounds like you had a good time despite the mosquitoes. The Westy is working out great huh.

Eric Woodall wrote:
A few hours ago we got back from Steven F. Austin State Park near Sealy, TX.
We brought the '88 Westfalia for its initial camping excursion with the
Woodalls.
I gotta say, I was impressed.
It literally took 5 minutes to set up camp, and another 5 minutes to
break down this morning.
The mosquitoes were so bad when the sun went down we just turned the
lights on inside the van and just hung out in it for a couple of hours
before bed.  Nice and roomy.
I woke up watching in jest the neighbors messing with tarps and poles
and such.
It is amazing that Westfalias are not more common down here in Texas.
Happy.
That is all.